Welcome to the Pandawill Forum | Community for China Products Discussion.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I think I should translate the guide for your referance.
    Just for reference.
    cause I think my translation may be easier to understand than google translation does.

Hello thefiqs & CarriePW,

yes definitively a guide would help.
    thefiqs, thank you, Ok I see what you mean with recovery mode, I was looking for the download mode (usb connection) to make sure I can get back to stock rom when needed...
    I don't believe that you can flash back stock rom with recovery mode
    thanks
    Jean-Pierre

Hello,

Thefiqs me again, did you install cwm (clockworkmod) or did you use the standard factory recovery mode ?
    I would prefer using a pc tool to tweak
    I will have to find the usb drivers for the i20
    I am not sure odin will work as the firmware is .rar extension not .tar
    (in this case I am wondering which flashtool to use with which process steps)
    flashing N2 rom with zip extension should not be a problem with recovery mode as I understood but I don't think it will work with .rar

I still investigating...
    thanks
    Jean-Pierre

Quote Originally Posted by SIRJPPAK View Post
    Hello,

for pueblohost who's looking for i10 firmware;
    http://forum.china-iphone.ru/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=22925

Google translation might help unless you're fluent in Russian

Hope it helps
    Thanks
    Thank you very much friend

Hello pueblohost,

Just one advice, before flashing the N1 rom (it should work as they share the same hardware) onto the i10,
    I would recommend you to understand how to get back to stock I10 firmware when needed.
    Just in case you have bugs.
    xda thread is I think a good reference as they have plenty of skilled people there

I think that to go back to stock rom it's needed to have a pc flash tool (I do not know which one at this step and with which process steps
    stock rom for i20 is .rar, maybe there is a specific process and flashtool which could be the same for I20 hopefully

If I find the info, I will share
    thanks
    Jean-Pierre

I meant I10 & I20 should have the same flashtool and process steps hopefully...
    thanks
    Jean-Pierre
    PS; I will not upgrade rom until I understand all this as I don't want to brick the phone ( I did already on a samsung...:-) but I succeed afterwards to install custom rom and get back to stock rom . when you understand risk is very low almost like flashing PC or graphic bios ;-)

Just unpack the .rar. You will find all, you need. I'm used the standard recovery tool. And yes, you can't go back to 00.04 if you install the newman 00.22. I'm still waitning Carrie's translate/guide.

Btw I don't think I10 and I20 using same method, but who knows.
    Last edited by thefiqs; 01-15-2013 at 07:37 PM.
    CUBE U30GT - Kasty-Cube 41-110

Quote Originally Posted by SIRJPPAK View Post
    Hello pueblohost,

Just one advice, before flashing the N1 rom (it should work as they share the same hardware) onto the i10,
    I would recommend you to understand how to get back to stock I10 firmware when needed.
    Just in case you have bugs.
    xda thread is I think a good reference as they have plenty of skilled people there

I think that to go back to stock rom it's needed to have a pc flash tool (I do not know which one at this step and with which process steps
    stock rom for i20 is .rar, maybe there is a specific process and flashtool which could be the same for I20 hopefully

If I find the info, I will share
    thanks
    Jean-Pierre
    Thanks for the advice, I have no experience doing this, what happens is that the GPS does not work and I think this can help solve the problem or maybe it is a high risk, perhaps medicine end up being the disease.

What do you recommend?

Here is official rom for freelander I10.
    update instruction is the same with I20.

Thanks Carrie for updating the first post. Btw the drivers included for the I20 only for 32bit Windows, so don't try with 64bit.
    CUBE U30GT - Kasty-Cube 41-110

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast